-Isidor Rabi: That's what I was afraid of. You're spread too thin.
-Isidor Rabi: 我就怕会是这样。你分身乏术。
be afraid of 害怕...
spread v. 分散/延展
thin adj. 瘦/薄的
be spread too thin 分身乏术
"抽不开身"的英语
1. busy adj. 忙碌的
I'm busy.
我很忙。
I've been extremely busy.
我最近一直很忙。
2. occupied /ˈɑkjupaɪd/ adj. 被占据的/忙碌的
I was so occupied by work today.
今天工作忙不过来。
3. hands are tied 手被绑住/忙不过来/有安排了
You will have to do it yourself. My hands are tied.
你得自己做了。我已经有安排了。
I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. My hands are tied.
抱歉,我无能为力。我自己忙不过来。
4. be spread too thin 分身乏术
Between school, work, and swimming, I'm just spread a bit too thin lately.
我要学习、工作,还要游泳,最近我真的是分身乏术啊。
spread oneself too thin 分身乏术
Between family and work, I've been spreading myself too thin lately.
我要兼顾家庭和工作,我最近真的有点分身乏术啊。